Mission and Goals of CAATE
The mission of the CAATE is to provide comprehensive accreditation services to institutions that offer Athletic Training degree programs and verify that all CAATE-accredited programs meet the acceptable educational standards for professional (entry-level) athletic training education.
Goals of the Commission
- Comprehensive accreditation review processes will be defined, consistent, and free of personal biases, conflicts of interest, and non-sanctioned interpretations with respect for institutional autonomy.
- Annual accreditation processes will be defined, consistent, and free of personal biases, conflicts of interest, and non-sanctioned interpretations.
- Accreditation decisions will be defined, consistent, and free of personal biases, conflicts of interest, and non-sanctioned interpretations.
- There will be consistency between the documents and requirements for accredited education and entry-level practice as an Athletic Trainer.
i. NATA Educational Competencies and Proficiencies
ii. BOC Role Delineation/Practice Analysis (RD/PA) and BOC Standards of Professional Practice (SOP)
iii. CAATE Standards for Accreditation of Entry-Level Athletic Training Education Programs
- The educational opportunities related to program development and quality will be assured with respect for institutional autonomy.Quality assurance processes and reviews will be objective, regular and consistent, and will be designed to assure content, construct, and criterion-related validity in their measures.
- Collegial relationships and regular communication with the institutions and other stakeholders will be maintained.
- Relationships with organizations that sponsor the CAATE will be developed, promoted, and maintained.
- Financial resources consistent with the needs and goals of the CAATE will be provided and monitored.